DXF problems in AUTOCAD

Feel free to ask any question here
Luca1988SCENE

DXF problems in AUTOCAD

Post by Luca1988SCENE »

Hi Daniel, i'm still using CC 2.5.3 and i found a problem working in AUTOCAD 2013 with profiles extracted by the CROSS SECTION tool in CC. I can't work on them, is it a problem of CC, maybe in the new Version this problem is resolved, is it ?
Thanks
Luca1988SCENE

Re: DXF problems in AUTOCAD

Post by Luca1988SCENE »

i have already done the same work with the last version of CC and the problem still exsist, in AUTOCAD i can't draw on these contours.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Can you be more explicit on the problem? Can you open the file at least? What are you trying to do exactly in Autocad?

The 2.5.3 version has fixed a problem about export of DXF files (those could be read by about anything but Autocad... now it should be ok - for the reading part at least).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Luca1988SCENE

Post by Luca1988SCENE »

sure, i can open the contour as a polyline on AUTOCAD, but i can't for example join two points of the polyline with a line.
Attachments
rsz_x.jpg
rsz_x.jpg (216.34 KiB) Viewed 4411 times
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

I guess you'll need an Autocad expert here...
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Luca1988SCENE

Post by Luca1988SCENE »

i' m here with my Professor that follow me on this thesis and we both don't understand, because we are able to draw on AUTOCAD but we don' t understand why with this file when you click the comand LINE the cursor disappear and we can't track any lines. We thought that it could be a problem by the exporting with CC for ths reason we write you.
Thanks
Aarie

Post by Aarie »

Hi Lucas,
i'm not quite sure that I really understood your problem, but so fas I can't reproduce the errors you describe (AutoCAD 2011).

If you want to join segments of the extracted polylines with newly drawn lines you have to make sure to use the same type of lines: CC exports the polyline as a "3D-Polyline", which differs technically from a "Polyline" (which is again different than a "Line"). For me joining the lines (with cmd "pedit") works fine as long as I use the same linetype.

Using Cloudcompare 2.5.4.1 with ACAD 2011 on Win 7 64.

If you still have problems just upload the dxf (please save as earlier acad version) and I could take a look.
Cheers.