[Fixed] properties windows GONE

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
p01ntsurf3r

[Fixed] properties windows GONE

Post by p01ntsurf3r »

ok, i have re-installed CC multiple times, each time i have deleted any residual directories, but when i re install i cannot access the properties pane. i right click on the menu pars and there is the option to show it, however its gray and i cannot select it to enable it no matter what i do. is there a registry key that i need to delete to set this back to default settings. i don't understand why i am not allowed to use the properties window. it is the most annoying thing ever considering i can use CC fine on a dozen other computers accept for the one that has all the processing power. ugh
p01ntsurf3r

Re: properties windows GONE

Post by p01ntsurf3r »

well i fixed it by removing the first cloudcompare registry folder when i searched the registry. there was some stuff about windowgeometry in there. after deleting the entry cloud compare properties window is now displayed....i recomend a RESET option that resets ANYTHING cloudcompare has put in the registry....this stuff was obviously not removed eachtime i reinstalled cloudcompare which has made this issue extremely troubling...when you uninstall something it should remove ALL traces of it to prevent wasted time trouble shooting these issues anyways.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

As this is an open source project we'll kindly accept any contribution: don't hesitate to edit the (InnoSetup) installer script to enhance it the way you suggest.

Personally I'm not the one who generated this installer stuff but I was only grateful to its initial contributor ;)
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

For the records a "Reset all GUI elements positions" method has been introduced in the to-be-released version of CC (2.5.5).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin