CC command line qestion

Feel free to ask any question here
eric

CC command line qestion

Post by eric »

Hello, I am a student from Taiwan, and I have a few questions that I hope to get help with. My first question is, can I customize my mesh file name using the command line? When I import a TXT file and export it in FBX format with the command "-SAVE_MESHES," the file is automatically named as "original_filename.fbx." However, I would like to customize my file name. Is there a way to do this?

The second question is, I would like to use the command line to give my mesh RGB attributes. The TXT file I import has six columns (x, y, z, r, g, b), and when I manually import it, I input the RGB information in the format of (0~1). Later, I wish to export it to the FBX format. How can I achieve this using the command line?

The last question is, I would like to avoid saving an additional .bin file when I use the command line to save an FBX file. Is there any way to modify the command so that it only saves the FBX file without creating an extra .bin file?

The following is my command: CloudCompare -O C:\rgb.txt -DELAUNAY -M_EXPORT_FMT FBX -FBX -EXPORT_FMT FBX_binary -NO_TIMESTAMP -SAVE_MESHES. How should the above command be modified?
Thanks for your reading.
daniel
Site Admin

Re: CC command line qestion

Post by daniel »

1) use the 'NAME' suboption after -SAVE_MESHES (see https://www.cloudcompare.org/doc/wiki/i ... _line_mode)

2) Sadly, it's not easy to fully control what CC is able to extract from an ASCII file via the command line. Typically, I don't think RGB values as floating points values (between 0 and 1) can be forced... You might have to look at the code and hack it to achieve that!

3) Use the '-AUTO_SAVE OFF' option (same link as before)
Daniel, CloudCompare admin