Command Line Attribute choice missing for each column when batch open CSV to PLY.

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
smoluck

Command Line Attribute choice missing for each column when batch open CSV to PLY.

Post by smoluck »

Hi everyone.

Using CC in Command Line mode, to convert CSV (Ascii) data to PLY (Binary_BE) file format, it seems we can't define the attribute for each column. Those Attribute choice are missing for each column.

Actually i want to define Column like that, but the Color is converted to Normal vector instead:

CloudCompare.exe -SILENT -O D:/CSV/export_0.csv -C_EXPORT_FMT PLY -PLY_EXPORT_FMT BINARY_BE -NO_TIMESTAMP -SAVE_CLOUDS -CLEAR

Is there a solution to this ? Maybe via Python ?
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Command Line Attribute choice missing for each column when batch open CSV to PLY.

Post by daniel »

Ah yes, Python would probably be a smart way to manage that...
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
smoluck

Re: Command Line Attribute choice missing for each column when batch open CSV to PLY.

Post by smoluck »

hi Daniel.

Is there is no way to define the Retargeting of R G B Float 0-1 via the a Batch File ?

Here is the code i use in a Bat file:

Code: Select all

CloudCompare.exe -SILENT -O C:/CSV/export_0.csv -C_EXPORT_FMT PLY -PLY_EXPORT_FMT BINARY_LE -NO_TIMESTAMP -SAVE_CLOUDS -CLEAR 
CloudCompare.exe -SILENT -O C:/CSV/export_1.csv -C_EXPORT_FMT PLY -PLY_EXPORT_FMT BINARY_LE -NO_TIMESTAMP -SAVE_CLOUDS -CLEAR 
and so on
smoluck

Post by smoluck »

What i want is defining the 4 to 6 Column to be that way once i launch the command line Bat file.

Actually when i use the Command Line, that Popup doesn't show up.
And at the end the Output PLY file is just White . There is no Color saved.
Attachments
CC_CmdLine_RGBFloat.jpg
CC_CmdLine_RGBFloat.jpg (111.5 KiB) Viewed 4360 times
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Ah, float color components... They are generally mixed with normals when CC attempts to automatically detect the role of each column. And if you add the header, it will try to load them as 0-255 color components. I think that's clearly a limitation for now.
smoluck

Post by smoluck »

Thanks Daniel,

So what is the header i have to put at the first line to guide CC on this ?
smoluck

Post by smoluck »

is that this header ?

Code: Select all

//X Y Z Rf Gf Bf Nx Ny Nz
smoluck

Post by smoluck »

even with this header, it still look at wrong values.
Attachments
CC_OpenAscii_CSV.jpg
CC_OpenAscii_CSV.jpg (51.21 KiB) Viewed 4245 times
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Ah but once again, since it's float colors, I believe it won't work anyway...