Is there a way to output the intensity eigenvalues of a point cloud?

Feel free to ask any question here
chc810

Is there a way to output the intensity eigenvalues of a point cloud?

Post by chc810 »

I have several thousand '.ply' point clouds which only one scalar field exists and now I want to output the median of the scalar field of this point clouds. I have tried open3d, matlab etc. but I can't read the point cloud with only one scalar field, at the moment only cloudcompare can see the point cloud with one scalar field,Is there a way to output the intensity values of a point cloud? thanks.
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Is there a way to output the intensity eigenvalues of a point cloud?

Post by daniel »

Well, you can batch convert the ply files to text/ASCII files (with the command line). This way you'll access more easily to the intensity values (it will be an additional column of the output file).

And if you are not afraid, you could even use CloudCompy and probably relatively simply compute the median value automatically.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
chc810

Re: Is there a way to output the intensity eigenvalues of a point cloud?

Post by chc810 »

daniel wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:10 pm Well, you can batch convert the ply files to text/ASCII files (with the command line). This way you'll access more easily to the intensity values (it will be an additional column of the output file).

And if you are not afraid, you could even use CloudCompy and probably relatively simply compute the median value automatically.
Thanks!