Normal compute

Feel free to ask any question here
fabriciolelis

Re: Normal compute

Post by fabriciolelis »

Hi!
I have a problem when I compile the CloudCompare. I've done all the previous steps ( compile CGAL, CloudCompare CMake). So, when I try to compile CloudCompare project generated for CMake this error occurs:

"class boost::system::error_category const & __cdecl boost::system::system_category(void)" (?system_category@system@boost@@YAAEBVerror_category@12@XZ) already defined in libboost_system-vc141-mt-1_64.lib(error_code.obj)

Do you can help me?
Thanks
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

I bet it's an issue with Boost (of course ;). Are you using the right version of Boost 'I believe 'mt' means 'Multi-threaded static' while 'md' means 'Multi-threaded dynamic/dll'. By default I also believe CC is compiled in 'md' mode, so you should link with the 'md' version of Boost.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
fabriciolelis

Post by fabriciolelis »

Hi, Daniel!
I am using the version of Boost that came with the installation of PCL that I downloaded and this version of Boost that came is 1.64.0.
How can I change the way that CC is complicated, from 'md' to 'mt' mode?
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

I don't know :D. Especially since you'll need to do the same for all the other dependencies (Qt, etc.).

I believe other precompiled Boost binaries can be found easily online.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
fabriciolelis

Post by fabriciolelis »

Hi, Daniel!
I've solved the problem. It's necessary to choose CGAL_Boost_USE_STATIC_LIBS on CGAL option in CMake.
Because my boost libs are statics.