polyline export format for Surface of Revolution Analysis plugin (plugin)

Feel free to ask any question here
subsea.friviere

polyline export format for Surface of Revolution Analysis plugin (plugin)

Post by subsea.friviere »

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on the dimensional analysis of a pipe. I would like to make 2D maps of the degradations present on the pipe in question.

In my research I came across the "Revolution Analysis plugin (plugin)". This tool seems ideal for my application, but I can't manage to export my polyline correctly in the format accepted by the plugin.

The format in question is available by clicking on this link :
https://www.cloudcompare.org/doc/wiki/i ... 8plugin%29

I'd like to know if there's a trick to exporting polylines directly in this format.

I'd also like to know whether this profile should be transverse or longitudinal in relation to my object, as I've seen both on the net.

I can only export txt files in XYZ format when it comes to radius and line height.

I've tested the various export formats, converting them into txt and none of them give me what I want...

HELP!

Thanks for reading
daniel
Site Admin

Re: polyline export format for Surface of Revolution Analysis plugin (plugin)

Post by daniel »

So the polyline should be 'longitudinal' (if you consider a cylinder, it's as long as the cylinder and on one side of this cylinder, so that if you rotate it from 0 to 360 degrees, it recreates the cylinder shape).

You can export a polyline to a .poly file (which is a simple text file). But this polyline should be axis-aligned, because you will then have to remove one dimension (= column).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin