[SOLVED]Unable to set active SF by name

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
PablerasBCN

[SOLVED]Unable to set active SF by name

Post by PablerasBCN »

Hi, I was reading CLI commands to find a nice surprise that it is possible to set active SF by name.

I copy pasted the SF name from CC to the .bat "C2M signed distances[<0.45]"

for %%f in (E:\LIDAR_JAPAN\MMS8_Prototype_3\LIDAR\03_Compare_LIDAR_to_DEM_mesh\*.las) DO "C:\Program Files\CloudCompare\cloudcompare.exe" -SILENT -O -GLOBAL_SHIFT AUTO %%f -AUTO_SAVE OFF -C_EXPORT_FMT LAS -NO_TIMESTAMP -SET_ACTIVE_SF 5 -FILTER_SF 1 MAX -SET_ACTIVE_SF 'C2M signed distances[<0.45]' -FILTER_SF 0.44999999 MAX -REMOVE_SF 11 -REMOVE_SF 10 -SAVE_CLOUDS

But when I use the string instead for the index, it does not work.

In prints this:

"E:\LIDAR_JAPAN\MMS8_Prototype_3\zz_Batch_commands\LIDAR>"C:\Program Files\CloudCompare\cloudcompare.exe" -SILENT -O -GLOBAL_SHIFT AUTO E:\LIDAR_JAPAN\MMS8_Prototype_3\LIDAR\03_Compare_LIDAR_to_DEM_mesh\08OE2736_FILTERED_[-11_1.1]_C2M_DIST_MAX_DIST_0.45.las -AUTO_SAVE OFF -C_EXPORT_FMT LAS -NO_TIMESTAMP -SET_ACTIVE_SF 5 -FILTER_SF 1 MAX -SET_ACTIVE_SF 'C2M signed distances[ -FILTER_SF 0.44999999 MAX -REMOVE_SF 11 -REMOVE_SF 10 -SAVE_CLOUDS 0<0.45]'
El sistema no puede encontrar el archivo especificado."

notice how after "-SAVE_CLOUDS", range withing the SF name is displayed

so looks like the [ symbol, even within literal quotes may somehow be captured else but like an string

[SOLVED ]for whatever reason, in the .bat " " must be used instead of ' '
daniel
Site Admin

Re: [SOLVED]Unable to set active SF by name

Post by daniel »

Thanks for the feedback.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin