Moving least squares smoothing and reconstruct is not work

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
Bay

Moving least squares smoothing and reconstruct is not work

Post by Bay »

Hello,i met a problem when i using flatpak version CloudCompare. The Moving least squares smoothing reconstruct is not work.Here is the screenshot.
As the picture show, I have checked the upsamping method, but i can't modify any parameters about voxel grid dilation.And the console outputs following:

[11:24:34] [Qt WARNING] [] QObject::connect: No such slot MLSDialog::activateMenu(QString)
[11:24:34] [Qt WARNING] [] QObject::connect: (sender name: 'upsampling_method')
[11:24:34] [Qt WARNING] [] QObject::connect: (receiver name: 'MLSDialog')
[11:24:34] [Qt WARNING] [] QObject::connect: No such slot MLSDialog::updateSquaredGaussian(double)
[11:24:34] [Qt WARNING] [] QObject::connect: (sender name: 'search_radius')
[11:24:34] [Qt WARNING] [] QObject::connect: (receiver name: 'MLSDialog')

I met this problem because i install the flatpak version CloudCompare.Howerer, Versions installed from apt or snap do not have this problem. Here is my install progress through flatpak.
flatpak install flathub org.cloudcompare.CloudCompare

I tried to install the latest version of cloudcompare through flatpak in ubuntu 18.04 and ubuntu 22.04 environments respectively, but the same problem occurred in both of them.
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Moving least squares smoothing and reconstruct is not work

Post by daniel »

Hum, that's weird, or it's something that has been fixed in the 2.13.beta version because de code no longer correspond to the error that appears in the Console... I guess the apt or snap version are older versions? (< 2.12.4)

Which means that sadly you would need find a way to compile or get a Linux package for a more the latest 2.13.beta version. Not sure what's currently available though as I am not a Linux user myself.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Bay

Post by Bay »

Thank you for your reply.
As you said, snap or apt installs the old version(2.11.1 Anoia, no bug), and flatpak installs newer(2.12.4 Kyiv, bug).

I tried installing the new version(2.12.4 Kyiv) from flatpak on two computers with different Ubuntu versions, but both had the problem that upsampling could not be used, so I guessed that there was a bug in cloudcompare released by flatpak.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Yes, or even in the 2.12.4 version (on any platform). That's why your best chance is to find a way to build to the latest 2.13.beta version.

You may have more chance asking that to real Linux developers and package maintainers on the project's github page.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin