Bug with Cloud to Cloud Compare 2.13 alpha

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
mbmiller34

Bug with Cloud to Cloud Compare 2.13 alpha

Post by mbmiller34 »

I appear to be having an irregular bug with the cloud to cloud comparison option. Doesn't always happen but does enough to make it frustrating. Hopefully the screen shots make sense. I suspect it was similiar to the bug you fixed years ago where the c2c comparison was comparing extremely tiny intervals and was causing it to hang as the number of calculations was too much. Screen shots are from two different crashes.
Attachments
c2c_2.jpg
c2c_2.jpg (44.59 KiB) Viewed 1506 times
c2c.jpg
c2c.jpg (49.34 KiB) Viewed 1506 times
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Bug with Cloud to Cloud Compare 2.13 alpha

Post by daniel »

Do you mean real crashes? Where you see a Windows error dialog? Or just a freeze?
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
mbmiller34

Post by mbmiller34 »

it just hangs. Nothing happens, if i try and click in cloud compare it says program not responding error and then will try and crash out.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

I think it's just computing (heavily). You can check that the processor is actually used with the Task manager. Looking at your capture, I see a very high density per cell (2320 points per cell in average) which means that the octree level is probably too low (you can try to re-run the process with a higher octree level (9 or 10). CC tries to find a 'smart' octree level, but it's a complex task that doesn't not work well in some configurations... You can also set a 'max distance' to avoid CC spending too much time computing very large distances for nothing (the farther the points are, the longer it takes).

I would be interested to see a screen capture of the 2 clouds by the way.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin