CCLib

Feel free to ask any question here
upen005

CCLib

Post by upen005 »

Dear Daniel,

I would like to ask you whether or not it is possible to use the CClib for building my own project for point cloud data processing. If yes can you please refer me any tutorial or guidelines for it.

Regards

Upen
daniel
Site Admin

Re: CCLib

Post by daniel »

CCLib is LGPL, so it can be freely used by any project (without any "contamination" by the GPL license).

The best way to understand how to use it... is to look at the code of qCC_db (CloudCompare's data library) and CloudCompare (the graphical front-end).

You've got also a more or less up to date doxygen documentation (http://www.cloudcompare.org/doc/CCLib/h ... tated.html).

And last but not least, don't hesitate to ask any question on this forum (or directly by mail).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
upen005

Post by upen005 »

Hello Daniel,
Thank you for your kind response
Regards
Upen
upen005

Post by upen005 »

Hello again,
I am trying to build a user interface using Qt and want to link the header files and library files of CClib to use them in my projects.
How is it possible to include all the header files in .pro file of my project. Do I Have to build CC for it?

Regards
Upen
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Indeed, CCLib is a standard library (it can be linked either as a static or a dynamic one).

To compile it you should use CMake (you can point directly on the "trunk/CC" folder to go faster). On Windows it will generate a DLL by default.

But of course you can use Qt .pro system directly (you'll have to mimic the CMake template behavior I guess). Anyway you'll have to compile the 'triangle' library as well (CCLib depends on it).

And last but not least, CCLib only contains the core algorithms. There's no advanced structures (point cloud, meshes, etc. - those are all in qCC_db) nor display mechanism, but only wrappers and very basic versions.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin