PCV SF naming different commandline VS editor

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
PablerasBCN

PCV SF naming different commandline VS editor

Post by PablerasBCN »

Hi, When I did compute the PCV for the whole dataset via commandline, I recall some note like the SF of the PCV had been renamed, and till today I had not found much of an issue with that, yet, as I was saying today I chopped a separate ittem out of a data tile, computed PCV and when mergin back to the original cloud I noticed a weird thing, at first I though was a graphical glitch but later on I realized that what happened is that commandline and editor naming for the PCV SF are different, hence, cant be merged properly.

I think commandline and editor naming should be consistent, whichever is decided to be
daniel
Site Admin

Re: PCV SF naming different commandline VS editor

Post by daniel »

Which file format did you save the file to? a BIN file? Something else?

(I can't reproduce the issue on my side). Or was the 'Illuminance_(PCV)' scalar field the old one maybe? Because that shouldn't be the case.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
PablerasBCN

Re: PCV SF naming different commandline VS editor

Post by PablerasBCN »

The commandline saved to .las

The command line was much likely this one

"for %%f in (E:\LIDAR_JAPAN\MMS8\MMS\_00_ORIGINAL\*.las) DO "C:\Program Files\CloudCompare\cloudcompare.exe" -SILENT -O -GLOBAL_SHIFT AUTO %%f -AUTO_SAVE OFF -C_EXPORT_FMT LAS -NO_TIMESTAMP -PCV -180 -N_RAYS 512 -SAVE_CLOUDS"

the one that was automatically renamed in the command line is the "__PCV" one, the in editor has no underscores.

At night hI'll run a sample test to see if this keeps happening and if so capture more info and provide reproduction sample.