Compilation on Windows (MinGW/Visual)

All about Windows versions
daniel
Site Admin

Compilation on Windows (MinGW/Visual)

Post by daniel »

The whole project is meant to be compiled with Code::Blocks & MinGW (http://www.codeblocks.org/ - last version: 10.05).

Documentation on how to compile is in SVN-trunk root directory: 'compilation_all_platforms_eng.txt' (or alternatively 'compilation_mingw_win_fr.pdf/txt' if you have the chance to speek french).

It is however possible to compile most of the project elements on Visual (2005 and 2008). Look at the 'msvc' folders. This is however not up-to-date and some elements/projects may be missing (depending on the Visual version).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
tsopanakos

Re: Compilation on Windows (MinGW/Visual)

Post by tsopanakos »

Hello Daniel,

I have successfully managed to compile the source code with MinGW 32bit version. However, my intention is to compile is using the MinGW 64bit version.
Firstly, I compiled the Qt using MinGW 64-bit version and then I repeated the process for the makefile creation. However when I have tried to compile using the 64bit version I got an error:

triangle.cpp: error: cast from 'triangle {aka float**}' to 'long unsigned int' loses precision [-fpermissive]

Do you have any idea how can I solve this?
Is the MinGW 64-bit supported ?

Kind Regards,
Andreas
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Compilation on Windows (MinGW/Visual)

Post by daniel »

Hi,

I've never tried to compile with MinGW 64 bits myslef.

Do you have a line number for this error? The 'Triangle' library is quite old, but it successfully compiled (and worked) with several 64 bits compiler up to now.

P.S. : you could also set the -fpermissive flag as suggested to force the compiler to ignore this error ;)
Daniel, CloudCompare admin