DXF Export Shift Problem

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
Lisa

DXF Export Shift Problem

Post by Lisa »

I recently installed CloudCompare version 2.12.4 on a new computer. I use the point picking tool to extract polylines from point clouds and save them as DXFs. For some reason, the exported DXFs do not keep the original/global coordinates from my .laz cloud. I had a previous version of CloudCompare on my old computer, and I never had this issue. The DXFs that I saved back then would always load into other programs or back into CloudCompare in the proper location. Please let me know if you have a solution that will allow me to save DXF polylines that keep the global coordinates of the point cloud from which they were extracted. Thank you!
daniel
Site Admin

Re: DXF Export Shift Problem

Post by daniel »

Looking at the code, and especially when saving polylines, I see that CloudCompare does write the 'global coordinates'.

But I realize that the 'Point List Picking' tool does not transfer the Global Shift information from the original cloud when exporting the selection to a polyine!

We will fix this aap, but for now, you should prefer the 'Trace polyline' tool which does more or less the same job, and which properly transfers the Global Shift information.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

I also fixed the bug in the latest 2.13.alpha version if you really need to used the 'Point List Picking' tool.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Lisa

Post by Lisa »

Awesome! Thank you!