FLS Files processing

To post any request/idea for new functionalities
Edg422

FLS Files processing

Post by Edg422 »

Hello,

I'm not sure if there is a quicker way to do this, right now to work on FLS files I have to import one by one, get the normals oriented by the sensor, get the scattering angles and filter the ones closer to 90 degrees. This last part is important, and it is the reason I cannot do it with the command line.
Only after that process I can subsample the scans, because the subsampling will not keep the sensor data.

So 2 questions,

Is there a way to filter by the scattering angles with the command line or some script? or
Is there a way to subsample the scans and keep or copy the sensor data to the subsampled cloud?

Thanks
daniel
Site Admin

Re: FLS Files processing

Post by daniel »

Ah that's a good point.

I guess yes, we should keep the sensor information when subsampling (or doing other things).

And to do everything via the command line, I guess you would have to use the new Python interface (CloudCompy).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Edg422

Post by Edg422 »

Is there a function to get the scattering angles with CloudCompy? I haven't checked it a lot, but I think it is missing that function for now.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

You'll have to ask Paul via github (on the CloudCompy github's page, by declaring an 'issue')
Daniel, CloudCompare admin