Contant intensity scale after segmentation

To post any request/idea for new functionalities
PablerasBCN

Contant intensity scale after segmentation

Post by PablerasBCN »

Hi,

Today I noticed that having intensity SF displayed, after chopping the cloud, segments had different "brightness".

I noticed that in "SF display params" the display ranges where not the ranges from the original cloud but they had adapted to the values withing that new cloud. I also noticed that I can´t manually force higher display range than the values present in the cloud. Resulting in a patchwork of display ranges.

Hence, I would like to request to
1) the segmented clouds to have the same display range as the cloud they're detahced from
2) be manually possible to set display ranges higher-smaller than the data included in the cloud so it is possible to display uniformly intensity between tiles of the same dataset

This is not only a visual issue, but affects when mergin the SF with RGB hence it dificults to have an standarized workflow for a tile set.
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Contant intensity scale after segmentation

Post by daniel »

That's because the default color ramps are 'relative'. They adjust to the min and max scalar field value.

You have to define your own 'absolute' color scale, and apply it to all the clouds. See https://www.cloudcompare.org/doc/wiki/i ... es_Manager

Make sure to apply the color scale before segmenting the clouds, or you will have to manually set your absolute color scale to all your clouds (well, that's always possible, but a little bit more painful).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
PablerasBCN

Re: Contant intensity scale after segmentation

Post by PablerasBCN »

Thanks for the tip.!