CloudCompare is displayed incorrectly.

Feel free to ask any question here
daniel
Site Admin

Re: CloudCompare is displayed incorrectly.

Post by daniel »

Well, you have a 'redraw' method that you can call on a single 3D view normally.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
suyufeng

Post by suyufeng »

First of all thank you for your guidance.

I wrote the functions I needed in the plug-in.

I used the setCamerePos and setCustomView functions, and set different coordinates in a loop to achieve the effect of dynamically displaying the point cloud.

It’s a pity that the display interface would have been stuck before refreshing, until today I finally found the key.

QApplication::processEvents();

This sentence, he solved my problem.

But here I still have many questions, please answer the following when you have time:
1. I used setCamerePos to set the position of the camera, and setCustomView to set view and up, but it did not achieve the effect I wanted.
When I use setCameraPosition in pcl, I set these parameters in the same way, it can perfectly achieve the effect I want, that is, constantly changing the camera position, even if the view shown in the image is what I want to see.
But when I set the parameters to setCustomView, there was a problem with my view parameters, and the camera view deviated from what I needed. I initially suspected that this function ccGLMatrixd::FromViewDirAndUpDir(); processed my view parameters , Which caused my problem.
Why does this problem occur?

2.There are many blocksignals() functions in the code. I can't find out what it means. Can you explain it?

3.have a good weekend!
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

1. CloudCompare has generally nothing much in common with PCL. And in this case, setCameraCenter allows to change the camera 'center', but the meaning of what the camera center is changes based on the viewing mode (orthographic or object-based perspective or viewer-based perspective). I suggest you to work with 'viewer-based perspective' by the way.

And maybe you can try to change the order in which you call setCustomView and setCameraCenter?

2. See Qt's documentation: https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qobject.html#blockSignals
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
suyufeng

Post by suyufeng »

Thank you for your guidance, I am going to improve my plug-in function, I believe I will come to ask you again in the near future
WargodHernandez

Post by WargodHernandez »

I'm locking this topic.
Lets move new questions into new topics, this one has a ton of distinct topics now and is confusing to search through.