Toolbar inactive / disfunctional

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
anwilmpie

Toolbar inactive / disfunctional

Post by anwilmpie »

Hello,

I'm currently testing CloudCompare to process point clouds with the aim to generate simple 3D models of hard objects (buildings) and soft objects (trees).

What is my problem?:

In my previous test data processing experience a couple of weeks ago, I could load in *.las data, and then perform several processing steps using the 'Edit' and 'Tools' options on the main Toolbar. I used the documentation to guide me through these steps, hence I learned to first select the dataset of interest to process, and then click on the toolbar for showing the workable options ...

However, if I try to repeat this process (on the same dataset OR a new one), I face the problem that the toolbar is not working. This means: if I select the *.las dataset for further processing, the buttons on the toolbar change color from grey to black (meaning that the buttons become active). But when I click on ANY of these buttons (f.i. Tools or Edit or Display, ...) , there is no window opening with functions and no bug report or help.

I already restarted my pc and took back my first dataset, but this does not resolve my problem.

My configuration:
- pc: Predator PH317-53; Intel Core i7-9750H
- Windows 10 Home
- CloudCompare 2.11.2

Thank you for your help in resolving this issue!

An
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Toolbar inactive / disfunctional

Post by daniel »

Are you in fullscreen mode by any chance? (you can toggle it with F9)
Daniel, CloudCompare admin