how i can import the model obj file with color to measurment the marker up the model

Feel free to ask any question here
Raghadfahhad

how i can import the model obj file with color to measurment the marker up the model

Post by Raghadfahhad »

hi all, I would like to ask you how I can import my model with color. i was using a marker (coin) on the model to measurement the scale of the model. but when i uploaded the model as an obj file it comes with green color and the marker I was put not visible.

can anyone help me, please?
regards
daniel
Site Admin

Re: how i can import the model obj file with color to measurment the marker up the model

Post by daniel »

You have to make sure the MTL and texture image files are next to the OBJ file.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Raghadfahhad

Re: how i can import the model obj file with color to measurment the marker up the model

Post by Raghadfahhad »

hi Danil,
I was make sure that the files mtl and obj next each other, but when I uploaded it on cloud compare, it said the file can't read the material.

so what I have to do ??
regards
matknaak

Post by matknaak »

as far as I understand, the obj-file remembers the original file names of the mtl and texture files. So incase you somehow changed the file names the obj will lose the link to the mtl and texture files. So don't change the file names and keep all them files together in the same folder. Hope this helps...
cheers

mat
Raghadfahhad

Post by Raghadfahhad »

thanks so much.

just i want to ask you about the file please to make sure am on right way. i exported the file in three types, obj, stl and pay file with the same name in the same folder so is that right or when i exported my model with obj file is the mtl file already created.
regards
matknaak

Post by matknaak »

what program did you use to generate the obj?

Usually when you generate/save data like a mesh or textured mesh as a obj-file, it should automatically generate the mtl and texture image files (for example if you use Agisoft photoscan (now metashape) to save your modeled object/mesh as an obj-file, you can choose jpg or png as texture image file formats). If you don't change anything and just open the obj-file in CC it should automatically load the mtl and texture image files and you should see everything in colour (not just green). CC will also promt you with information about the status of the import of the files in the console window at the bottom. If it says that the textures etc. could not be loaded, something went wrong.
cheers

mat