always can't load pcd file

All about Windows versions
ZilongS

always can't load pcd file

Post by ZilongS »

Hi to everyone, I post this because my CC compiled en Windows can't not load .pcd file.

I compiled CC eon Win 64, with CMake 3.12.3, PCL 1.8, Qt 5.9.4, MSVC 2017.

For the configure under "INSTALL", I checked QADDITIONAL_IO_PLUGIN, QCSF_PLUGIN, QPCL_PLUGIN and QRANSAC_SD_PLUGIN, the configuration gives no error, as illustrated below on left:
[img]C:\Users\SHAO\Desktop\CC CMake.PNG[/img]

Under Visual Studio, I have QPCL_IO_PUGIN,

But finally, neither in debug nor in release, I can't load a pcd file, with message as "[Load] Can't guess file format: unhandled file extension 'pcd'".

I would like anyone can help me to fix this problem.
Attachments
CC CMake.PNG
CC CMake.PNG (46.2 KiB) Viewed 21204 times
daniel
Site Admin

Re: always can't load pcd file

Post by daniel »

I believe the errors in CMake are only warning and should be ignored (CMake wouldn't create the project files if there were real errors).

When you compile the CloudCompare solution with Visual Studio:
- does the QPCL_IO_PLUGIN project compiles properly?
- do you 'install' the project (by compiling the 'INSTALL' project) and start CC from the installation folder?
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
ZilongS

Post by ZilongS »

Hello, Daniel,
Thanks for your reply.

I can compile the QPCL_IO_PLUGIN from the CMakeLists.txt and il seems it compiles well, as shown bellow:
[img][C:\Users\SHAO\Desktop\QPCL_IO_PLUGIN.PNG].

1>------ Début de la génération : Projet : QPCL_IO_PLUGIN, Configuration : Debug x64 ------
1>Building Custom Rule C:/CloudCompare/trunk/CloudCompare-master/CloudCompare-master/plugins/core/qPCL/PclIO/CMakeLists.txt
1>CMake does not need to re-run because C:/_Dev/Soft/CloudCompare/CloudCompare/plugins/core/qPCL/PclIO/CMakeFiles/generate.stamp is up-to-date.
========== Génération : 1 a réussi, 0 a échoué, 0 mis à jour, 0 a été ignoré ==========

The "install" subproject can also be compiled and I can start the debug (.exe), but I cannot load .pcd file.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

When you start CloudCompare, do you see an error message in the console? (you'll have to look at the whole history, as many things happen at startup).

If you compiled with a shared version of PCL for instance, you might have to copy the corresponding DLLs next to the executable of CloudCompare for instance.
ZilongS

Post by ZilongS »

Yes, in the console, I have the message "QPCL_IO_PLUGINd.dll does not seem to be a valid plugin (Cannot load library C:\CloudCompare\CloudCompareProjects\CloudCompare_debug\plugins\QPCL_IO_PLUGINd.dll: Le module spécifié est introuvable.)".

I cheked, the QPCL_IO_PLUGINd.dll does existe under "C:\CloudCompare\CloudCompareProjects\CloudCompare_debug\plugins\", in the same folder, I find also QPCL_PLUGINd.dll and QRANSAC_SD_PLUGINd.dll. On my CC, the RANSAC plugin works well.
ZilongS

Post by ZilongS »

Daniel,

As suggested here (https://github.com/CloudCompare/CloudCompare/issues/427), I add the OpenNI2.dll under the folder where the executable is located, and now the .pcd can be loaded.

One difference from the install version v2.10 is that, after the loading of a .pcd file, under the DB three, the cloud is named as "no name".

By the way, with large file, the compiled version under debug mode is quitte lower than the install version, is this normal?

Thanks for your continuous support on CC.

Zilong
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Yes, the debug mode is only meant to 'debug' the program. You have to compile it in 'release' mode to obtain the standard (fast) behavior.
ihamieh

Post by ihamieh »

I'm new to cloudcompare and i have converted a pcap file to pcd. The thing is when i made the conversion in ROS, i got bunch of pcd files. I was reading online and the recommendation came to be to use CC to load the pcd files and it will combined them into one pcd file.
I have installed CC 2.9.1 (Linux 64-bit) version into my linux. CC doesnt load pcd file and i get this error message (Load can't guess file format: unhandled file extension 'pcd').

Please let me know how to avoid this issue?

Many Thanks!
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Not sure if the (snap) Linux version if compiled with PCL (the library in charge of reading/writing PCD files) as it's a little bit deprecated (and it can be tricky to compile). The Windows version supports PCL/PCD.
leifeiyi

Post by leifeiyi »

Hello, how do I add some header files from PCL to the plugin? For example, using pcd_io.h in PCL, I included this header file into the plugin, and reported error in VS: unable to open the source file (Note: I have added the file path to the plugin right->properties->attach In the directory), to put it simply, I want to write a plugin in CloudCompare to implement the point cloud region growth algorithm, which uses some wrapper functions of the PCL library, then how should I use it? Can you give me some suggestions, thank you very much!