Automatic ascii record of multipe files

Feel free to ask any question here
Dimitri

Automatic ascii record of multipe files

Post by Dimitri »

Hi Daniel,

maybe I dreamt it, but I thought that in a previous release (last year ?) it was possible to select N clouds and save them automatically in N invidual ascii files named after the cloud name ? In the current version if you select multiple clouds, they are recorded in a single .bin file (but kept apart when you reload them).

I ask this question because we use the connected component function to generate quite a lot of small clouds (up to 1000....) for morphological analysis in matlab and other softwares that don't necessary have advanced parsing function to isolate clouds in the .bin file, and it would be easier for us to have each of the cloud generated by the CC function (with its number) saved in an individual file.

If not possible, I'll write a parser to do so, but if it's easy, that'd be great.

Cheers

Dimitri
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Automatic ascii record of multipe files

Post by daniel »

Hi DImitri,

I can't remember of such a functionality! I wonder if you are not cheating on CloudCompare and dreaming of another software ;)

But it's very easy indeed. It will be available in the next release! (coming soon)

Daniel
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Dimitri

Post by Dimitri »

Hi Daniel,

I promise...I'm very faithfull to Cloudcompare ;-)

Aarrghh stop the teasing with the next release ! When will we get it ?

Cheers

Dim
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Now!
Daniel, CloudCompare admin