Project File

To post any request/idea for new functionalities
olegpetin

Project File

Post by olegpetin »

Hi, Daniel and your team!
Thanks for a great program. For six months I use CC for point cloud processing from 3D scanner BlueView (http://www.blueview.com/videos/3d-mechanical-scanning/). CC - the best soft for this! Leica Cyclone doubtless loses.
Usually every my project includes from 20 to 70 clouds, so I'd like to be able to save any Project file similar to GIS (MapInfo *.wor o ArcGIS *.mxd), including 1) DB Tree structure 2) parameters of loaded clouds (colors, point size, SF display params ) etc.
It is also necessary "Save All (opened clouds)" procedure.
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Project File

Post by daniel »

Hi,

"Project files" in CloudCompare are to be saved in the BIN format. You can select one or multiple entities and save them in a single BIN file.

To select multiple entities, use keep the CTRL key pushed (or use the CTRL+A shortcut to select all entities at once).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
olegpetin

Post by olegpetin »

Thank you, Daniel
Edg422

Post by Edg422 »

Hi, just a small suggestion: The "Save Project" option should be a separate button as to constantly save our work in case the program crashes or the electric power cuts off.

Thanks.
aljost

Post by aljost »

I think the current behaviour is unintuitive. When I hit "save" I expect the program to save the current state of the project, not a particular part of it. I'm using CC not super often (more and more though, thanks for the nice piece of software :) ), so I'm not use to that way of working. This meant that multiple times, I closed the program deleting hours of work.
I think it would make sense to have one option "save_selection" and one "save". Or even "save" and "save_project" (although I think the former would be better).
PablerasBCN

Post by PablerasBCN »

If you whant to save project with multiple clouds into a SINGLLE .bin

Make sure all the subfiles are CHILDs of an only root, and select the root when saving the .bin.

I've .bins with A LOT of subfiles and I save them like that.