Command line - Working with multiple clouds

Feel free to ask any question here
m_clouds

Command line - Working with multiple clouds

Post by m_clouds »

Hello everyone,

I was wondering, is there is a way to either "call" or specify the clouds which are to be used while working with the command line (for example while using the -ICP command to define which two clouds the ICP should be applied to)? Or, is there's a way to change the position of a loaded cloud (for it to become the 1st or 2nd loaded cloud)?

More specifically :
I am working with multiple clouds representing a similar object and i would like to align them all via ICP on a singe file using the command line.
Ideally I would like to be able to align cloud 1 (reference) to cloud 2 (aligned), then cloud 2 (reference) to cloud 3 (aligned), then cloud 3 (reference) to cloud 4 (aligned) etc.
I managed to open the first two clouds and align them using cloud 1 as reference, but it doesn't work when I add more clouds since it will apply the ICP to the first two loaded clouds, not the last two loaded clouds.

The command I tried (but as mentioned it doesn't apply the second ICP on cloud 2 and 3) :
CloudCompare -SILENT -AUTO_SAVE OFF -LOG_FILE [log.txt] -O [path to cloud 1] -O [path to cloud 2] -ICP -REFERENCE_IS_FIRST -O [path to cloud 3] -ICP -REFERENCE_IS_FIRST -SAVE_CLOUDS ALL_AT_ONCE FILE [FinalFile.bin]

Thanks in advance for any help or information :)
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Command line - Working with multiple clouds

Post by daniel »

Nope, I don't think that's possible at the moment...
Daniel, CloudCompare admin