Auto-pick rotation center

Feel free to ask any question here
westergu

Auto-pick rotation center

Post by westergu »

Hello,
Has something happened to the auto-pick rotation center tool? I find it very hard to orbit my models now days. The rotation pivot ball set itself is in most of the times very far away from the actual model. Sometimes not even double clicking a rotation center seems to move the pivot ball to the point cloud.
I have the Auto-pick tool switched on and I even set the pivot visibility to "Always on" to be able to follow how Cloudcompare updates the pivot ball. Is it a graphic card issue or some software settings I need to configure?

Best regards,
Gustav
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Auto-pick rotation center

Post by daniel »

Which version are you using, and on which OS?
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
westergu

Post by westergu »

I am using the 2.13 Beta (Sep 24) version on a Windows 11 machine.
I would say that this problem started to appear sometime in late spring (I usually use the latest CC version). At that time I also change computer and Windows from 10 to 11.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

And does point picking work? (with the 'Point picking' or 'Point list picking' or even the 'Trace polyline' tools for instance)
westergu

Post by westergu »

Yes, those tools work just fine. It seems that the Auto-pick pivot ball "snaps" to the right X and Y coordinate, but the Z is way of (not updating).
westergu

Post by westergu »

I just want to let you know that I figured out what caused the issue with the rotation center. I noticed it only happened on clouds with a point amount >10 M, and when I unchecked the box "When moved, decimate clouds over" in the Display settings, the rotation center started updating normally again. Perhaps this is something that can be fixed in the code?
-Gustav
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Ah, good finding.

Yes this may help us find the source of the issue!