Transparency in texture files

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
lasse

Transparency in texture files

Post by lasse »

Hi! I have a mesh with a texture file which contains transparencies. The transparencies seem to be considered, but the rendering is not as expected. The transparent parts are sometimes shown as white, although there is something behind them, and sometimes they are transparent. Also, the borders of the texture patches are visible as black lines. Not sure, if this was understandable at all, so I uploaded the .obj, .mtl, .png here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AW_tn ... p=drive_fs (or is there a better way to share data?). Any ideas? Or am I doing or expecting something wrong here? Thanks.
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Transparency in texture files

Post by daniel »

Hum, I haven't been able to look at the file yet, but while CC just recently started to manage transparency information (more in the sense that it won't lose the information), the display itself doesn't really support transparency! (as it's quite complex to properly display a transparent entity, you have to display it in several passes, etc.)
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
lasse

Re: Transparency in texture files

Post by lasse »

Ok, thanks for the reply. Then my file might be a "worst case" example, as it consists of hundreds of partly transparent textures overlapping each other (leaves in a canopy). I was surprised that it is supported at all, as for example, meshlab is not doing it. Anyway, keep going with this great work ...