Bug when grouping polylines

All about Mac OS portage
dikafe

Bug when grouping polylines

Post by dikafe »

After writing a big "Thank You" for developing this piece of software, I would like to report a bug that I found in version 2.11.1 on mac. I have been using it only for a short time, but I am pretty sure someone can replicate the issue as follows.
The problem:
I had been drawing polylines and then creating empty groups (folders) in order to organize them by drag-dropping the first to the latter. It had been working flawlessly, but at a certain point the DBtree structure was acting erratically when dragging and dropping the polylines into folders. Very often the polylines would disappear, the application would crash/hang after dropping or after trying to delete a polyline that was previously dragged. I have not tried this with other types of objects.
The solution so far:
I tried to recreate the project, I uninstalled and installed back the application, nothing helped. I then remembered that the problem appeared since the moment I changed the polyline oversampling to 1 (I had it on 3 before). So I again increased the number to 2 and the grouping process works fine ever since.
At least to my eyes, it's a weird relation (oversampling value & grouping) and I don't know if the same behaviour is true for newer versions, since I tried but could not install any newer one. I guess the 2.12 versions need 10.15+ OS and I currently have 10.14.6. But I will ask on the respective topic for this...
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Bug when grouping polylines

Post by daniel »

Hum, it's weird indeed, and it either comes from Qt (the library that manages the widgets and this DB tree for instance) or from CloudCompare's code. But since version 2.11 is pretty old, it would be better to try that with version 2.12 or even the 2.13.alpha. That would probably/hopefully work better.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin