Pointcloud imported on wrong coordinates - Windows 11

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
profesjonalc

Pointcloud imported on wrong coordinates - Windows 11

Post by profesjonalc »

Hello,

I've been having problems with running CloudCompare version 2.12.0, when I import pointcloud.las file, I press NO on global shift, and it still shifts the whole pointcloud to different coordinates. If my pointcloud is consisted of multiple strips or las files, it will import every file to different coordinates, no matter if I press yes or no to global shift when importing. I tried downgrading to older version of CC, that one works fine, but I miss the new features (for example CSF filter plugin).

I have also tried importing same pointcloud, different computer, windows 10, version 2.12., works fine as well. I assume this version of CloudCompare is not yet set for windows 11. Mind you it is a new computer, fresh windows 11 instalation (not upgraded from windows 10).

If someone knows workaround to this, I would really apreciate it.
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Pointcloud imported on wrong coordinates - Windows 11

Post by daniel »

Hum, that's weird... Maybe an issue with the dialog then? (as if it was not properly considering the button you click?)
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
profesjonalc

Re: Pointcloud imported on wrong coordinates - Windows 11

Post by profesjonalc »

For some reason it forces global shift. I've temporaly solved the problem by inputing shift parameters 0,0,0 and 1. Still don't know the root of the problem, but thank you anyway :)