Suggest picking xyz coordinate and allow copying for pasting at excel function ?

To post any request/idea for new functionalities
ray1234

Suggest picking xyz coordinate and allow copying for pasting at excel function ?

Post by ray1234 »

Please see the photo below, step1-3. is it possible?

Why I am doing this is if I want to choose a point in house corner,
I may take 2pts x1,y1 and x2,y2 and that average in excel.
This process is quite crazy for 1 monitor computer without using paper seperately to mark down the x,y values...
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Suggest picking xyz coordinate and allow copying for pasting at excel function ?

Post by daniel »

Not sure how it blends with Excel, but actually if you use the "Point list picking" tool, the picked point will automatically be saved in the clipboard (with a specific format: CC_POINT_#0(6.118000;26.006996;-1.494000) )

Maybe a macro would be able to decode that and dispatch the values in the right place.

Of course, with the 'Point list picking' tool, one can also export the list as a CSV/TXT file which would be also easy to import in Excel?
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Suggest picking xyz coordinate and allow copying for pasting at excel function ?

Post by daniel »

Not sure how it blends with Excel, but actually if you use the "Point list picking" tool, the picked point will automatically be saved in the clipboard (with a specific format: CC_POINT_#0(6.118000;26.006996;-1.494000) )

Maybe a macro would be able to decode that and dispatch the values in the right place.

Of course, with the 'Point list picking' tool, one can also export the list as a CSV/TXT file which would be also easy to import in Excel?
Daniel, CloudCompare admin