reducing size of point cloud file

Any question about the main GUI application (frontend)
Ingsayyad

reducing size of point cloud file

Post by Ingsayyad »

Its my edited post.
my version 2.5.1
I have a las file of very big size. I save it in two formates and have following difficulties.

* las
if I save a small part of it it as las and read it again, I 'm getting a single value of intensity which is not real one. please see attachment.
Note: with last version of CC , I was not facing this issue.

*txt
i want to save txt file with reduced size e.g., only every second row in x-asix/ y-axis , z-axis or combination of all. xy plane/ yz plane.
Attachments
result
result
las_2.JPG (14.1 KiB) Viewed 6537 times
reading file
reading file
las_1.JPG (35.08 KiB) Viewed 6537 times
Last edited by Ingsayyad on Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
daniel
Site Admin

Re: reducing size of point cloud file

Post by daniel »

For the LAS issue, I can't reproduce the issue. Are you sure that each time you are displaying the 'Intensity' scalar field? Is there warning messages in the console that might explain this issue maybe (not enough memory, etc.)?

And for the TXT file, you should use the 'Edit > Subsample' method (either in 'RANDOM' mode if you just want a fast decimation, but the 'SPACE' mode is generally more interesting). And you can export the result to any kind of format afterwards of course.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
daniel
Site Admin

Re: reducing size of point cloud file

Post by daniel »

For the 1st point: I do use the last version myself. And I can't reproduce this issue. Can you share your file with me maybe (at least the small part)?

For the 2nd point: do you speak of rows of columns? I mean: do you want to save only X,Y or X,Z or Y,Z coordinates ? In this case this is not possible (you can use a smart text editor such as Notepad++ to do this easily however).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin