Scalar Field "Display Ranges" Continuum Not Displaying Across Entire Axis...

Feel free to ask any question here
lgeis

Scalar Field "Display Ranges" Continuum Not Displaying Across Entire Axis...

Post by lgeis »

Greetings from Boise;

I haven't quite gotten this figured out: in the image, please note that my Color Scale is compressed into the far left margin of the Display Range Continuum.

How does one compel the Color Scale to fill the entire displayed continuum axis?

Thanks much!
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Scalar Field "Display Ranges" Continuum Not Displaying Across Entire Axis...

Post by daniel »

Well it's because the maximum saturation value is very close to zero, isn't it? See the 'SF display params' section of the cloud properties: you can change the max saturation either by moving the 'red' arrow that points downward over the histogram, or by changing the value directly with the field on the right of the 'saturation' word.

This 'max saturation' value is the value that will correspond to the last color of the 'relative' color scale (and the 'min saturation will correspond to the first). You can also use an 'absolute' color scale to choose how the colors map the values (so that the rendering is always the same for the same values). See http://www.cloudcompare.org/doc/wiki/in ... es_Manager
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
lgeis

Re: Scalar Field "Display Ranges" Continuum Not Displaying Across Entire Axis...

Post by lgeis »

Thanks for your reply! I did find a technique that seems to do the trick: I manually set the "Max Distance" in my General Parameters dialogue within the Distance Computation (C2C) dialogue. This limits the coverage of the continuum.

I also split the x, y, and z axes.

However, CC seems to be very unstable when I do that; it has shut down several times when I attempt do various things after the C2C computation as configured above. I'm testing around trying to find a common behavior to report (other than CC simply shutting down).

Thanks again!