display error and problem using CC in fullscreen

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
flaenen

display error and problem using CC in fullscreen

Post by flaenen »

Hello, I have switched CloudCompare in fullscreen on Windows 10, and now the menus do not respond anymore when I click on them.
Before switching to fullscreen, I already experienced weird display (I had to place the mouse pointer below the menus to be able to click on them).
I tried reinstalling the software, or installing an older version, the 2.8, but it stays in fullscreen mode.
Any help would be appreciated.
daniel
Site Admin

Re: disaply error and problem using CC in fullscreen

Post by daniel »

To leave fullscreen mode, you can use F9 or F11 (it depends on which mode you used).

And I experienced the weird bug you described on a Windows 7 compter with the latest Intel driver... Sadly I couldn't understand where the problem was coming from. What is your configuration?
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
flaenen

Post by flaenen »

Thank you. Indeed I can exit the fullscreen mode with the F9 or F11 keys.

But still the same problem : the menu bar is hidden by the title bar. I can click on the menu item from below, guessing their position, but still...
I have Windows 10, a Dell computer, I think I also have the latest intel drivers.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Yep, same error on the computer with Intel chipset on my side. I'll have to investigate this...
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

According to Qt, this bug was indeed coming from an Intel Graphics driver, and it should be fixed with this version:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downlo ... duct=80939

Can you test it on your side?

Here is the Qt bug for the records: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-62127
flaenen

Post by flaenen »

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't get email notification and just saw your answer today.
Indeed I have the same graphic card (Intel Graphics 530) as in the Qt bug tracker. I have the Dell driver installed, the latest it seems from their website (21.20.16.4664).
So you suggest to install the generic Intel Driver 15.46.02.4729 ? Or equivalently I guess, the 15.46.05.4771. I get some warnings from Intel that manufacturers (like Dell) may have customized the drivers and so that it is not advised to use Intel Generic Driver etc... Anyway, I tried uploading my driver with the Intel Generic one, and I got a message saying that I have already the latest drivers. I installed lastest version of CC but unfortunately I get the same issue...
tedzzz

Re: display error and problem using CC in fullscreen

Post by tedzzz »

I verified I have latest intel drivers and the function keys did not help
I went to registry and blew away data for both "mainwindow...." values under Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CCCorp\CloudCompare leaving the value itself /setting still there. That is simple and worked .
One could research to see which of two you need to change but had just started and so did not have favorite settings
mdeveau

Post by mdeveau »

Hi

I would like to report another display report wrt fullscreen using CC: when in dual screen mode, using F11 3D view full screen will go full screen on the master screen, even if the main widget is on the slave screen.

Btw, thanks for the great work!
Et salutations!
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Hi Matthieu ;)

I hope you are doing well! Thanks for reporting the issue.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Hi Matthieu ;)

I hope you are doing well! Thanks for reporting the issue.