Export multiple slices tool question

Feel free to ask any question here
AdrienB

Export multiple slices tool question

Post by AdrienB »

Hello people,

First, big thanks to Daniel for his fantastic work, and for the community too !
I discovered CC few weeks ago and I really appreciate this software.

Second, sorry for my poor english ..

Now, the problem :

I try to make a sort of topography of a digged hole in the ground next to an archeological diagnostic. My points cloud comes from Photoscan, after few operations ( subsampling, rasterezing ... ) i'm trying to have some relatives elevations lines of my point cloud. to make a sort of IGN card of my hole. Of course i used the " contour plot " tool, but I'm looking for the cross section appearence like the last picture on this page http://www.cloudcompare.org/doc/wiki/in ... ss_Section ( the right one ). I followed these instructions ( and tried step by step others values ), but I always have one contour, even with the multiple slices tool... This one is following the most external theoric line of my points cloud, not the point cloud itself ( to illustrate, I can't send a screen shot, imagine my shape is a cone with a A circle and a B peak, the line is the A circumference placed between A and B ). Is that because my shape is not closed ? Or maybe I miss something ... What i'm looking for is what you can see on the tutorial pictures.

I've searched on the forum DB but i can't find a solution.

I have two other little questions :
- Can I change the opacity of my pointcloud ?
- Is that possible to export with a .jpg .png the colored scale of the scalar fields with the export 2D raster ?

J'espère avoir été clair ...

Un très joyeux Noël !

Great day ;)
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Export multiple slices tool question

Post by daniel »

From what I understand, it seems you are not extracting the contours along the right direction, are you? You have to set the initial slice so that it's thinner along this orientation (along the direction of (AB)?) and larger than the cone base for the two other dimensions. The slice thickness will be used as 'repeat distance'. And of course in the 'repeat extraction' dialog, make sure to check the right dimension is checked (even though if you have set the slice correctly it should be automatically set correctly).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Export multiple slices tool question

Post by daniel »

And for the two other questions:
- nope, there's no transparency management for point clouds
- you can export the 3D view (Display > Render to file') and then crop the part corresponding to the color scale. But there's no solution to export it directly right now
Daniel, CloudCompare admin