Cloudcompare (CC) E57 Export into Reality Capture (RC)

Feel free to ask any question here
martin.jurado

Cloudcompare (CC) E57 Export into Reality Capture (RC)

Post by martin.jurado »

Hey there,

hopefully you can help me with my problem, as the support from Reality Capture could not.

I have .fls Scans from a Faro Scene 3D Scanner. As I have no chance on getting Faro Scene (not the LT Version) to do my registration, I went over to CC - the registration itself is no problem but when it comes to import the e57(registered and cleaned- export from CC), into RC, I get an error from RC. There is no more information - RC just tells me that it could not import the file. I also just opend the .fls file in CC and saved it as a e57, without any changes made and tried to import this int RC - same error.
When my Faro Scene Trial was still running I was able to export a e57 from there (same scan) and I could import it without any problems.

Is there anything I am missing?

Thanks
Martin
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Cloudcompare (CC) E57 Export into Reality Capture (RC)

Post by daniel »

Well, we use the 'official' libE57 library to export the files. And so far I never heard about such an issue with files exported from CC.

Have you still some E57 files exported by Scene directly? Can you maybe compare the contents of these files with the one exported by CC? (don't hesitate to send me a sample file if you want me to look at it as well).

Without any clear error message from RC, it will be hard to understand what's going on...
Daniel, CloudCompare admin