Batch contour plotting

Feel free to ask any question here
Thibaud CAPRA

Batch contour plotting

Post by Thibaud CAPRA »

Hello,
I'm using CloudCompare (v2.8) to generate contour plots from clouds and eventually save the largest ones as shape files at the end of an automated point cloud generation process using PhotoScan.

So far it's been great, but as an intern, my intership goal is to make the process as automated as possible. Almost all the PhotoScan process is OK, but the parts in CC are manual: Rasterize, then delete the "useless" contour lines to keep the largest one per hole in my cloud (the whole point is to automatically contour holes in a point cloud and export these contour lines as shapefiles).

I'm using Python scripting to automate the whole PhotoScan part, and I'd like to carry on using this. The less human intervention, the better! I came across this topic about Python subprocessing and was interested. The only issue is defining the right batch command!
In the Wiki, I found nothing about contour plotting in the "-RASTERIZE" command...

Here are the parameters I'd like to have for my clouds to be processed:

Thanks for your help!
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Batch contour plotting

Post by daniel »

I fear that the only way I see for you is to add this option to the command line mechanism of CC yourself (in C++). Such a contribution would be appreciated I guess ;)
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Thibaud CAPRA

Re: Batch contour plotting

Post by Thibaud CAPRA »

Sadly I know nothing about C++... I'll find another way around then. If I ever get into C++, i'd be glad to help though, CC is a great project!

Thanks for the answer.