cross section by plane

Feel free to ask any question here
jan.vandrol

cross section by plane

Post by jan.vandrol »

Hello,
first I want to thank you for this amazing application. It has a great set of functionalities.
Now, I would like to ask of it is possible to create a cross section using a plane that has been fitted onto the point cloud using CC? I tried copying some of the atributes but I need to get the rotation on all the axis right as well. And doing it manually using the UI arrows is not precise enough.
daniel
Site Admin

Re: cross section by plane

Post by daniel »

That's a good idea. However I'll have to add this to the TODO list and I really can't tell when it will be ready...
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
jan.vandrol

Post by jan.vandrol »

I will keep my fingers crossed then.
In the meantime I am trying to get around this using the mesh Level tool (using the points from the plane to put them more or less horizontally and in line with the cross section starting rotation). However, I need to keep the point cloud in the original coordinates. I know the Level tool outputs a matrix I can use in reverse transformation but that would mean doing that for every output I make. So my question is: can I somehow use the matrix as an input to the Edit global shift and scale tool instead (which if I understand correctly can change local coordinate system instead of the point cloud)?
Thanks for the help.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Nope, but you can maybe use the command line tool to automate the transformation?
Daniel, CloudCompare admin