Installation guide

Feel free to ask any question here
adr_arroyo

Installation guide

Post by adr_arroyo »

Hello, I am trying to install CloudCompare in my Ubuntu 14.04 to work on my thesis on comparing 3D maps.
I am sorry but I havent been able to install CC in literally any way, snap or snapd havent worked and I tried to follow the steps for building it from source but I couldnt work it out.
My problems actually come from the part that uses the cmake-qt-gui. I understand that after cloning the repository I should build the project in a different folder, so I tried to do it with
cmake ./trunk ./trunk/build
and after running make install inside ./trunk/build, but it sais that I am running an older version of cmake, which is not possible and I checked out since I installed the latest one. If i install the cmake-gui package and then run it when I press the configure button it tells me that I am using a version of Qt older than 5.6, but I actually downloaded 5.8 so again this is not possible.

I just feel I am loosing my mind over this steps, can anyone clarify my path?

Cheers
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Installation guide

Post by daniel »

Have you tried the new 'snap' installation mechanism? (see the download page, in the 'Linux' row of the tables).

Otherwise I'm not a Linux expert, but it looks as if you are not using the version of CMake you expect, and not with the right version of Qt. At least for Qt I know that it's totally possible that you have several versions installed next to each others, and you have to specify which one you want to use to CMake (with QT5_ROOT_PATH).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin