OPEN MESHES WITH SAME COORDINATESSYSTEM

Feel free to ask any question here
antonis

OPEN MESHES WITH SAME COORDINATESSYSTEM

Post by antonis »

I have three meshes parts of one object with the same coordinatesystem (greec grid about X=432975. Y=4137555 Z=32. ) made with Pix4D.
The Object is an old church. First mesh is the Church outside and the two other meshes are two separate indoor parts of the Church.
I open the first and the second mesh and CC put them in the right place. When I open the third mesh CC put the mesh in a place near (I guess with right
X and Y coordinates but wrong Z coordianates). I suppose that this is not normal. Why is this happening? How can I put the third mesh in the right place?

Antonis
daniel
Site Admin

Re: OPEN MESHES WITH SAME COORDINATESSYSTEM

Post by daniel »

Does CC bother you with a 'global shift' to apply? If yes, do you click on 'yes'? Or 'yes to all'?
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
timothy.thwaites

Post by timothy.thwaites »

Is there anything further to this?

I also have a .obj mesh created in Pix4d that is importing into CloudCompare out of position, but near the proper georeferenced position.

My .las point cloud is properly located, and both are shown in the attached photo. It prompts me for global shifts when I am importing the point cloud, but not when I'm importing the mesh - does this influence?

I understand that Pix4d doesn't georeference its meshes, and also that is generates some kind of offset file to translate the mesh to the output coordinate system.

How do you apply such a translation to the mesh so that is can display in its correct location? Or what else can be done to achieve this?

Thanks!
Attachments
3d Mesh Import Problem.jpg
3d Mesh Import Problem.jpg (187.67 KiB) Viewed 1585 times
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

What does the offset file looks like?

Because if it's a simple translation, you can either apply it directly as the 'Global shift' (the one you apply when you load the cloud file) or otherwise with the 'Edit > Apply Transformation' tool (but you'll have to take the already applied global shift into account).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Guziko

Post by Guziko »

Just FYI, Pix4D is exporting the offset file in ASCI formatted XYZ translation. Hitting Edit->Apply Transformation and providing these 3 values in Euler Angles Tab (XYZ translation) gives a georeferenced mesh in CloudCompare.

Thanks!