Feel free to ask any question here
terramap

Re: Import fls files (FARO cloud)

Post by terramap »

I'm having the same problem - version 2.8.1
c3kkos

Post by c3kkos »

I think I found the solution for the NO WORKSPACE issue when you load a fls file.

Try downloading and installing the latest FARO Scene SDK from their site.

CC 2.10.alpha with the stock SDK had the issue

After installing "E1800_FARO_LS_SDK_7.1.1.81_x64_Setup.exe"

the fls file loads flawlessy.

A big thank you for the creators of this beautiful piece of software.

Greetings from Italy.

Davide.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Thanks for the information. Surprisingly this is exactly the same package that is silently installed by CloudCompare's installer.... I'm not sure what happens in your case :D
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Miner_jeff

Post by Miner_jeff »

Hello,

I had similar issues with 2.10 Alpha.

I followed Si Horton's instruction in this FAR Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW4KwNo ... e=youtu.be

Even though Administrator rights were used to install the CC and Faro SDK 7.11 software the registration process somehow failed.

Administrator rights were needed to register the DLLs following Si's instructions.

Works beautifully now.

HTH,
Cheers!
Miner_Jeff
CoiLLoTe

Post by CoiLLoTe »

Hi,

I do have tried several solution in order to make the faro plug in work.

No way.

Uninstalling every "faro" SDK I have ahd on the computer, uninstalling CC, reinstall CC (2.9.1) with SDK, registering DLL as in youtube ... trying last Faro SDK download ... event trying to find how winsxs files works. Copying Faro's DLL in CC Plugin directory ... so much try.

CC doesn't seem to "see" faro sdk installed. everythings done under administrator right.

Can't event have begining of a clue to solve this for my own.

My suspicion is on concurential Faro SDK install between diverse software I've tried. Don't know where to start now.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

First thing to check: do you have the '.manifest' file next to CloudCompare.exe?

Then, I remember that there was a command that you could call to 'register' the Faro DLLs in the system. Have you ever encountered such a story in your searches?
PeteColy

Post by PeteColy »

Hey guys,

I have a problem importing the native .fls-"files" into CC. With native I mean the folder with .fls extenstion like it comes from the scanner SD-card. CC always shuts down when I try to import this folder or the .fls-file in the folder (which has 0 kb --> like described here https://laserscanningforum.com/forum/vi ... php?t=4212).
Once I imported this folder into SCENE I can import the .fls-file from the SCENE project (which has now an actual filesize >0 kb). The idea is to eliminate SCENE from the workflow. Is this possible?

Best,
Pete
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Hum, I really don't know, as we just use the FARO SDK to load the file/folder... I bet some magic happen in SCENE?

Can you maybe send me such a folder? (but if the fls file is empty, I bet the real data is somewhere else? There must be a shortcut somewhere?)
the_eich

Post by the_eich »

Hello,
I am digging up this topic because I have the same issue now as well. What is strange though is that I had it working at a certain moment, but now, after numerous reinstalls, registering dlls as admin etc. it is still not working. Does anyone have a clue on how to solve this? Any input is appreciated...
tmalla

Post by tmalla »

Hello folks,
I am not sure if the problem has been solved. I am getting the same (no workspace). I am currently running CC 2.10.2. Installed FARO_LS_SDK 2019.2.2 . Registered DLLs. Still same issue.
Any thoughts will be appreciated.