RANSAC Plugin

Questions related to plugins development
oth

RANSAC Plugin

Post by oth »

Hi Daniel,

i have been working with your software for serval days and i really appreciate your work.

though i have some questions about the RASNAC plugin. i'd like to have global informations about the parameters e, b, max deviation and the overlooking probanility.

i'd like to know what does each parameter change on the final result too.

also what is the unit of each parameter.

and thank you for your help sir.
daniel
Site Admin

Re: RANSAC Plugin

Post by daniel »

I think there's another message about this on the forum, and more importantly you should refer to the article (see http://www.cloudcompare.org/doc/wiki/in ... n_(plugin)).

The plugin is a simple portage of the original author's library and therefore all the credits (and advanced questions ;) ) should go to him :D.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
yaren.ornek

Post by yaren.ornek »

Hello, I am wondering how to choose the parameters, how to find the most correct parameter. I would be glad if you help.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Ah, that's not easy. The latest versions of CC have a slighlty more explanatory GUI, but if it's not sufficient, then I guess you should read the article by Schnabel et al.: http://www.hinkali.com/Education/PointCloud.pdf

And for the records, the plugin documentation is here: https://www.cloudcompare.org/doc/wiki/i ... n_(plugin)
Flow

Post by Flow »

A new question about the plugin "Shape detection".
If I have applied the plugin and show me only cylinders. Can I set that the program shows me only cylinders whose radius is smaller than, for example, 0.5m and the height is less than 3.0m ? This would allow me to sort out all incorrectly detected shapes.
The problem is that when I apply the algorithm, the program also shows me walls and ceilings since they also have a "radius".
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

As discussed by email, you would have to use the new options to filter by radius (in 2.12 and 2.13.alpha versions)
Flow

Post by Flow »

Another question from my side:

If you applied the RANSAC algorithm and you created a Smooth Geometry (primitive) from the shapes you found, is it possible to assign different properties to the created planes/cylinders like a text (material, general description, volume/mass, different values, ...).
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Oops, I totally missed this message.

Are you asking whether you can do it programmatically or manually?
Flow

Post by Flow »

i wonder if i can manually add specific properties (a text) to the geometric solids found in CC. Is this possible?
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Well, you can only rename them... (with F2).

And even if we would add a method to add some "meta data" (wouldn't be too hard), then they would only be visible in CC (and not exportable). Not sure if that would still be of interest?