CloudCompare can't load plugin in Debug

Questions related to plugins development
Heath

CloudCompare can't load plugin in Debug

Post by Heath »

Hi,

I'm trying to debug CC with Qt Creator, and I encounter a problem. CC[Debug] can't load plugin, and console displays CloudCompare/plugins/QDUMMY_PLUGINd.dll uses incompatible Qt library. (Cannot mix debug and release libraries.)
But the CC Release version loads plugin successfully. So I'm confused.

My configuration:
Windows 7 x64
Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition
Cmake 3.5.0
Qt 5.3.2
Qt Creator 3.6.1
CloudCompare source code 2.6.3.1

Any help will be appreciated.
Sincerely,
Heath

PS: I edit code and build CC with Qt Creator, and the compiler is Visual C++ Compiler 12.0(amd64)
Qt Creator Kits.PNG
Qt Creator Kits.PNG (8.4 KiB) Viewed 3314 times
daniel
Site Admin

Re: CloudCompare can't load plugin in Debug

Post by daniel »

I don't know how Qt Creator works. How do you change the Debug/Release configuration? Do you need to create a new CMake project or do you edit the project directly in Qt Creator? If yes, then you'll probably have to change ALL projects accordingly (i.e. so that all projects - or at least the plugin you are interested in - is also compiled in Debug mode).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Heath

Re: CloudCompare can't load plugin in Debug

Post by Heath »

daniel wrote:I don't know how Qt Creator works. How do you change the Debug/Release configuration? Do you need to create a new CMake project or do you edit the project directly in Qt Creator? If yes, then you'll probably have to change ALL projects accordingly (i.e. so that all projects - or at least the plugin you are interested in - is also compiled in Debug mode).
Thanks for your suggestion!
These are my steps when I build CC with Qt Creator :
1.Open project and select CC CMakeLists.txt
2.Qt Creator will ask you to select build directory and input arguments(e.g. -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug ...)
run cmake.PNG
run cmake.PNG (6.09 KiB) Viewed 3303 times
generating done.PNG
generating done.PNG (19.26 KiB) Viewed 3303 times
3.Configure the build steps
build steps.PNG
build steps.PNG (14.02 KiB) Viewed 3303 times
I build CC again, but the problem was not fixed.

I use CMake-gui to generate VS project, and build CC with VS 2013 in Debug mode. Then CC[Debug] loads plugin successfully.
I can't find out the cause of the problem. So I will use VS 2013 to debug CC's plugin. :)

Thanks again!