isfinite problem in qPoissonrecon plugin

Questions related to plugins development
jonathanbyrn

isfinite problem in qPoissonrecon plugin

Post by jonathanbyrn »

My sincerest apologies for posting this on a friday evening but I hit a problem when compiling the latest version pulled from github. Originally when I tried to build the poisson reconstruction module it was missing poissonreconlib submodule. I ran a git update --recursive to get the latest version of the submodule but now it is throwing this error:

/home/jonathan/Applications/cloudcompare/plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/Src_CC_wrap/../Src/MultiGridOctreeData.inl:686:56: error: ‘isfinite’ was not declared in this scope
if( isnan( normalLength ) || !isfinite( normalLength ) || normalLength<=EPSILON ) continue;

If I do something hacky like changing <cmath> to <cmath.h> I get the following error:
/home/jonathan/Applications/cloudcompare/plugins/qPoissonRecon/PoissonReconLib/Src_CC_wrap/../Src/MultiGridOctreeData.inl:35:37: fatal error: cmath.h: No such file or directory
#include <cmath.h> //isnan, isfinite

so it is definitely finding the cmath file. I checked apt-get and build-essentials is installed. Any idea what might be causing this error?

my compiler version is:
gcc version 4.8.2 (Ubuntu 4.8.2-19ubuntu1)
daniel
Site Admin

Re: isfinite problem in qPoissonrecon plugin

Post by daniel »

Have you tried to prefix isfinite by 'std::'?

Code: Select all

std::isfinite
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
jonathanbyrn

Re: isfinite problem in qPoissonrecon plugin

Post by jonathanbyrn »

that seems to have fixed it. Thanks Daniel, have a great weekend!