CloudCompare.app & ccViewer.app

All about Mac OS portage
asmaloney

CloudCompare.app & ccViewer.app

Post by asmaloney »

I now have working Mac OS X apps for both CloudCompare & ccViewer.

You can download a dmg which contains both apps from my site. The builds are for Mac OS X 10.6+ and are based on a git commit from 06 March 2013.

Please let me know how they work for you.

- Andy
macsurveyr

Re: CloudCompare.app & ccViewer.app

Post by macsurveyr »

Andy,

Many, Many Thanks!!

Mac apps work very well on 10.8.2 Mountain Lion.

I have recently switched to using homebrew and while I don't know if it is harder or easier for you to maintain a dmg with binary apps or a build a brew formulae, brew seems to work well.

Again. Thanks!

Tom
asmaloney

Post by asmaloney »

Thanks Tom!

I've noticed there are some more dialogs which are squished on Mac OS X which I'll have to fix at some point. If you notice any layout problems, please let me know.

There are some plugins which don't compile and I only added one extra file format - X3D - mainly because the others require more dependencies and I was too lazy to build all of them too. If someone really needs one of the other file formats let me know and I'll take a look.

Re: Homebrew - I think it makes it easier for people if they can just grab a DMG and drag the app to /Applications (as they would with any other application) rather than requiring other tools. Now that the packaging is set up in CMake it shouldn't be too hard to maintain. It was just a PIA to get CMake to do the right thing because I didn't have any real experience with it.

Glad it works on 10.8!

- Andy
macsurveyr

Post by macsurveyr »

Andy,

I will be testing some things soon - I hope. I do have an interest in the LAS file format but don't know how hard that would be.

I like haveing the DMG. Whatever makes it the most maintainable.

Thanks for your efforts!

Tom
macsurveyr

Post by macsurveyr »

Is there any chance of getting a Mac build of the latest beta 2.6.1?

I have used the beta on windows and the latest plugins and contour support are very useful.

Tom
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Hopefully the real version (2.6.1) should come out soon (in about two weeks?).

And as for plugins, some of them may not be working on Mac OS (due to compilation issues, and also to the fact that Andy is very busy ;).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin