How to use methods of qCC

For any question about plugins!
!Xobile

How to use methods of qCC

Post by !Xobile »

1] I need to use few methods of qCC like ccClippingBoxTool, ccApplyTransformationDlg etc. in a plugin. How do I call them? Most of their functions are called by arguments of Qt objects (qWidget*)

2] Which debugger(preferably GUI) could be used to learn such interconnections on Ubuntu?
daniel
Site Admin

Re: How to use methods of qCC

Post by daniel »

1) To use dialogs of CloudCompare in your plugin, you simply need to integrate the corresponding class files in your plugin solution (see http://www.danielgm.net/cc/forum/viewto ... =21&t=2026). Then you can create a class instance wherever you need it. The 'widget' parent can be the main application window (you can get it with m_app->getMainWindow()), or your own plugin dialog. But it is also technically possible to leave it to zero (in which case the dialog won't be 'attached' to the main application, which means that it won't be closed when the application stops, preventing it from terminating).

2) I personally can't answer this question as I work with Visual Studio on Windows ;)
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
!Xobile

Post by !Xobile »

Thanks,
RE. 1] but what if I want to skip user interaction via dialogue and take required inputs via another internal function?
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

You mean you want to use some functions used by the dialog, but you are not interested in the dialog itself?

If yes, then we would need to refactor the code a little bit. But we should do this via github (you'll be able to open 'issues', make comments, make some pull requests, etc.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin