Clone stamp colour / SF brush

To post any request/idea for new functionalities
PablerasBCN

Clone stamp colour / SF brush

Post by PablerasBCN »

A clone stamp similar to the one in photoshop to polish the coloring on scans where colours of the clouds do not match what they're like when they get projected with parts of the photo not belonging to the points. It is very common in mobile mapping scans that part of the hood is passed to the color of the road. I would be ready to donate like 50€ for such a feature as I would like to polish the colour after cleanining up the cloud like from passing by cars.
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Clone stamp colour / SF brush

Post by daniel »

50€ :D. I don't think you realize how complicated such a feature is... But I bet if someone is willing to do it anyway for its own needs, (s)he will be happy to get a small tip for that.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
PablerasBCN

Post by PablerasBCN »

HAha, sorry I'm freaking broke XD

But may be more people finds it usefull and whants to add some extra buck and all together find a sum big enough for a dev to jump in!

So would be like my pledge for this is 50€. :D
PablerasBCN

Post by PablerasBCN »

Was thinking of this.....

As an alternative you could render to raster the cloud asuming you don´t have blocking points avobe the surface you whant to paint in my case I've but I could extract the road to a separate cloud and render that cloud to raster.

Edit that raster in a image editing software that has clone stamp and (ok lacking feature but more likely to happen) project the raster back into the cloud.

The project raster into cloud is an already requested feature and already available in other packages.

Got tosay that recently discovered that CC makes use of PDAL for las writing and probalby for other stuff too. Pdal already has the hability to project raster into cloud, may be porting that feature into CC would not be that hard.