More edge detection tools

To post any request/idea for new functionalities
ziltoid

More edge detection tools

Post by ziltoid »

That's the only thing that keeps CC from being an all in one solution for "scan to bim" work.
There are some PCL plugins already, and if I remember correctly there are quite a few edge detecting tools in PCL?
I just saw the "create surface between lines" function, has that been there long?
ziltoid

Re: More edge detection tools

Post by ziltoid »

Or just tools for fixing splines that you have made with the crossection tool or similar. To edit them, smooth them and join them when needed.
That would be amazing. I struggle to get crossections that are loft ready now, maybe it's just me doing it wrong?

And thank's for developing this program, it has become my favourite tool for point cloud work, and I can do almost the same things here that we can do in expensive specialized programs. The only thing they can do is classify ground, buildings etc from a cloud. But they can't do half of all the stuff CC can do.. "Want to remove the parts of a pointcloud that someone has modeled, so the next guy doesn't do the same work? No problem, just do a "cloud 2 mesh distance" and split the cloud at the right distance.. Stuff like that is worth so much!
daniel
Site Admin

Re: More edge detection tools

Post by daniel »

Hum, for sure it would be great... thanks for the suggestion ;)
Daniel, CloudCompare admin