missing the dlls

All about Windows versions
zkbdx03

missing the dlls

Post by zkbdx03 »

Hey ,

I'm trying to build the CloudCompare project,and I'm having a bit of trouble , hopefully someone can help me out.

Here is my configuration:
Windows 7 x32
QT 4.8
CMake 3.1.0-rc1 (windows GUI)
MSVC 2008

Now ,I have succeeded compiling the project. But when I run it, the Application failed to start and missing cc_core_libd.dll. So I copy the cc_core_libd.dll to the folder where
the CloudCompare.exe is. And then miss qcc_db_libd.dll. I copy the file to the folder then missing QCC_IO_LIBd.dll. Next ,with the same situation , I copy the QCC_IO_LIBd.dll,
msvcm90d.dll,msvcp90d.dll,msvcr90d.dll,Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT.manifest to the application's folder.But it still failed!
无标题.jpg
I have no idea about it , hopefully someone can help me out. Thanks.
daniel
Site Admin

Re: missing the dlls

Post by daniel »

Have you followed all the compilation instructions? Especially the 'Working with Visual Studio' section:
http://www.cloudcompare.org/doc/wiki/in ... on_Windows

Read the linked forum post as well, I believe it should fix your current issue.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
zkbdx03

Post by zkbdx03 »

hey,Daniel
Thank you for your help.
I read the compilation instructions,but I miss the 'Working with Visual Studio' section. Then ,I follow the Working with Visual Studio's steps.

1. Compile the INSTALL project and check that all files are correctly copied in the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX directory (under the 'CloudCompare' or 'CloudCompare_debug' folders depending on your configuration)
2. Edit the 'Debug' properties of the CloudCompare project (right click on the project and select 'Properties' at the bottom, then browse to the 'Debug' item in the left tree). Change the default 'Command' to point to the 'CloudCompare.exe' file in the installation folder.

But when I run the application in debug mode or release mode, "missing msvcp90d.dll" came up. I don't know why.I wonder that if there's a mistake with my VS08.
zkbdx03

Post by zkbdx03 »

hey,Daniel
Thank you for your help.
I read the compilation instructions,but I miss the 'Working with Visual Studio' section. Then ,I follow the Working with Visual Studio's steps.

1. Compile the INSTALL project and check that all files are correctly copied in the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX directory (under the 'CloudCompare' or 'CloudCompare_debug' folders depending on your configuration)
2. Edit the 'Debug' properties of the CloudCompare project (right click on the project and select 'Properties' at the bottom, then browse to the 'Debug' item in the left tree). Change the default 'Command' to point to the 'CloudCompare.exe' file in the installation folder.

But when I run the application in debug mode or release mode, "missing msvcp90d.dll" came up. I don't know why.I wonder that if there's a mistake with my VS08.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Indeed, the msvcp90d.dll file comes with VS2008. You could try to re-install/fix VS2008.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin