All about Linux portage
erwan2970

Re: linux compilation

Post by erwan2970 »

it's working without any plugin ...
erwan2970

Post by erwan2970 »

mmmhhh, it's working but it's really bad...
no plugin
no library (only dxf export)

instead off a PPA solution (or compilation success), I use it in two times :
1) Windows version 2.6.3 (or 2.6.2 it's the same) with Wine (and PlayOnLinux) = make computation, section, analysis, ... and saving .bin
2) 2.6.3 from github trunc - compilation and install on Linux (but dxf export only) = saving my work in dxf format ...
so bad...
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

I know Romain is already maintaining a working package with almost all the plugins working on several versions of Ubuntu... And it already takes him a lot of his (free) time.

If the compilation is not working on your system/distribution:
1) if you can fix it, then don't hesitate, this is an open source project, such improvements are always welcome
2) if you can't, ask politely to someone how can do the job for you (i.e. someone other than me - I don't even have Linux installed on my computer at the moment ;). And if you don't find anyone who can help you then you should ask yourself why? (here is a hint: no one is paid to make this project work on the dozens of Linux distributions!). But please don't wine...
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
erwan2970

Post by erwan2970 »

sorry if I hurt you ...
I know what is opensource mind
I create a web site to explain Linux and opensource solution since 2001 and a free 200 pages ebook. And spend a lot of my free time to do it...
erwan2970

Post by erwan2970 »

il est aussi assez difficile de s'exprimer poliment dans une langue que l'on ne maîtrise pas.
D'autant que mon anglais est franchement rouillé ...

merci en tout cas pour ce travail.