[FIXED] Bin file - error on opening

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
Steve L~

[FIXED] Bin file - error on opening

Post by Steve L~ »

Hello everyone,

I've got a problem opening a bin file I've been working on for a while - it tells me opening that a cloud co-ordinate is too big, but no matter what options I seem to select it crashes out after the dialogue box as the attached image. Everything was fine before a crash when meshing a cloud, on re-opening the last saved file I got this problem.

No problem (I thought) as I regularly incrementally save the bin file with a new name.... but I've discovered that trying to open any of these crashes out too (no dialogue box, just a straight crash).

The bin file is about 28Mb - has it got too large? Any ideas for recovering my work...?

Thanks (in hope!)

Steve
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (39.22 KiB) Viewed 3386 times
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Bin file - error on opening

Post by daniel »

Very strange indeed! Can you send me the BIN file?
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Steve L~

Post by Steve L~ »

Hi Daniel, Thanks for getting back to me. The file is about 30Mb... I can upload to our GDRIVE depository if you can mail or PM me an address...
Steve L~

Post by Steve L~ »

Daniel,

Thanks for looking into this, I can confirm that the new 'Christmas' Release 2.5.2 solves the issue of a corrupt mesh.

The problem mesh has been re-moved and the remaining vertices etc. have been moved into a "Orphans" group - the rest of the file is intact.

Thanks for the release, looking forward to trying the new features...