Cannot open CC 2.9.1 in W10 after a full reinstall

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
adririquelme

Cannot open CC 2.9.1 in W10 after a full reinstall

Post by adririquelme »

Hi everyone,

I used to work with CC in my laptop, but I recently had to reinstall everything. After formatting and reinstalling W10 (also updates), I found that CC does not launch. At first, I can see the process in the administrator, but after a minute more or less it disappears.

I also tried to use the binary files but I get the same issue.

My laptop is a TravelMate 5742, so no graphic card driver is needed. Should I install a runtime or other thing to make it run?

Thank you very much.
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Cannot open CC 2.9.1 in W10 after a full reinstall

Post by daniel »

Hum, that's weird but it rings a bell (I believe someone on the forum has had this issue a few weeks ago...). You can try to install the Visual 2013 and 2017 redistributable packages (64 bits - but in fact the installer versions do it automatically). Otherwise maybe update the .Net framework?!
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

adririquelme

Post by adririquelme »

Thanks for your help Daniel,

Unfortunatelly, It did not work.

I installed the Visual 2013 and 2017, .net (which was already installed), and deleted the CloudCompare folder in the regedit (from here: https://github.com/CloudCompare/CloudCompare/issues/564).

The CloudCompare process is opened in the Tasks Administrator windows, but nothing happens. No icon appears on the sidebar. The splash image do not appears.
adririquelme

Post by adririquelme »

I tried to download the 7z v 2.6.3 beta, and it requested me some missing files: Vcomp110.dll and others

After installing Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4, that version launched succesfully. However, latest version do not work. I installed the latest 2017, and the .net is not allowed to be installed as I am using W10.

Could you please tell me exactly the version of C++ that I should use??

daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

The Vcomp110.dll file is part of the Redistributable Package for Visual Studio 2012 indeed (64 bits architecture). I guess it comes from a plugin (as we used Visual 2013 for the previous version of CC, and now Visual 2017 for the latest 2.10.alpha).

Can you maybe try to remove the DP plugin? (QDOT_PRODUCT_IO_PLUGIN.dll)
Leonardo Simic

Post by Leonardo Simic »

Thank U for your explanation I had to reinstall the latest version of Visual 2017 but I think I really need to ramp up my VB studying