commande line STAT_TEST

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
williamP

commande line STAT_TEST

Post by williamP »

Hello,

I want to batch the command line STAT_TEST.

I wrote this script :

Code: Select all

cd "C:\Program Files\CloudCompare"
CloudCompare.exe -O C:\Users\Desktop\resultat_comp\%VrFchRcnt% -STAT_TEST GAUSS mean value sigma
where VrFchRcnt is a txt file.

The problem is that CC displays an error message : "invalid parameter: mean value after Gauss".

I try to put mean value and sigma between () or {} and [] but the message stay, I don't know how i have to write the distrib parameters.

Thanks you for your answer !

PS: it is possible to know the mathematical methode that is used to calculate sigma please ? :)
daniel
Site Admin

Re: commande line STAT_TEST

Post by daniel »

Actually the 'Statisticai Test' tool is meant to test al points (and its neighbors) SF values against a specified Normal distribution representing the scanner noise for instance (to know if the SF values are following this distribution (e.g. are part of the noise) or not.

So you actually have to specify the mean and standard deviation values (with numeric values).

I guess that this was not your aim? You just wanted to extract the mean and standard deviation from a (cloud with) scalar field? If yes, then it's not possible at the moment (this function has not been exposed in command line mode).
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
williamP

Re: commande line STAT_TEST

Post by williamP »

Hello,
thanks you for remarks !
Yes, I want to extract the mean and standard déviation.